Tuesday, October 7, 2008

eu fiz...coisas


piercing the old rabbit ears (old picture)
pedro and me at Itacimirim

In the next few weeks: I am going to an Interact forum from the 10th to the 12th, then on the 15th I am taking a PSAT test at "Escola PanAmericana". The 18th is the beginning of the Pantanal/Bonito trip, which goes until the 27th... then on the 1st of November I am going to a big concert just outside of Salvador.
Portuguese update: I still have no Portuguese class but no one seems to care... I am functionally able to communicate difficult concepts to my host parents (peanut butter was a bit of a challenge without an example), and I can carry on conversations in Portuguese (mostly by the good grace of those who have to put up with me).
I am watching TV in Portuguese, and trying to keep up with the USA elections. I hope things are going great, you guys better elect Obama or I'm going to have a tough last half-year here...
you know what's really good? coconut popsicles. they are always out of 'amendoim' (peanut) but I will try it! castanho is good too. I have a long list of things I love here, too many for right now... later.

Que saudades Lara!! Tô c/ muito tristeza sem você...cê precisa visitar aos Estados Unidos...especificamente ao Oregon!!! o próximo ano, certo? Tá bom??

--tchau galera

-- m

ps. mom and dad, you should visit when you're allowed to. I want you guys to meet Pedro, Paulo and Rosa. :)

1 comment:

Jyo Nah said...

Cool! You're like... a full fledged bi-lingual now!

And piercing ears too yet! XD