Sunday, May 10, 2009

inventory of PAIN

:so this year I have been in a constant state of hurting somewhere or another (I'm accustomed to it by now) but on this most recent trip everything ganged up on me.

so here's how it started:

heel blister on my right foot
twin thumb sized blisters on both feet
blisters on my pinky toe
followed by me busting my toe on a rock causing under-nail bruising
then wearing bandages caused another blister on the back of my left foot
followed by a bug biting me (which has subsequently transformed into a freakish gaping hole in my left middle toe... which scares me every time I look at it)
and then mysterious triplet bumps appeared on my right foot and hurt and are all red

and my left ear is infected
and my jaw hurts when I yawn (presumably from too much yawning... it used to crack when I yawned but now it just hurts and sometimes won't open all the way)

hooray for pain it makes me strong!


scars so far:
burn on my left hand from 'olho de boi' that Neyton gave me
horseback riding abrasion scars on the insides of my calves
possibly this bizarre toe thing...

if any other exchange students read this, I want their updates.


OTHER FUN THINGS
I got lice here once
my left ear has already been infected once (this is the second time)
in addition to all the mad crazy sunburns I've gotten
and of course random 'I don't know how I got these' cuts and bruises

UPDATE: mother's day
sketchy red bump on my left leg

at least I'll go to my grave with some marks to show where I've been!

No comments: