Sunday, November 23, 2008

only six more days

I change host families in exactly six days as of today.
Today I believe I am going to a rock concert with Greg and whoever else is with him, and maybe going to the movies and Paulo might remember to take me to prove that his boat actually EXISTS. other than that not much going on, on Friday I had a normal-yet-fulfilling day; I bought chocolate milk and wandered around with Larah, then went to Caffa's house and played some weird version of Brazilian crazy eights with about seven different people, then went to João's birthday party and ate a whole shit ton of sushi of every conceivable kind. And I made a new friend all on my own (which I still get excited about doing, even though I'm doing it a lot recently... her name was Vivian and she was a typical Brazilian beautiful friendly kid... people must think it's appealing to be really white and have an annoying sotaque (accent)

also NaNo update, I finally hit 30K words last night, which means I only need to write like 5K words a day to make it without too much stress... I think I can do it, do you? (I cheated a little, parts of it are in English cause I didn't know the words for some things, like arrow... and couldn't be bothered to check the dictionary).

I will upload some kickass pictures for those of you who don't have facebooks or orkuts when December gets here.
peace out!
-- m

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shamba Lamba.

I so wish I had your life right now.
[END SHORTCOMMENT]

-Jonah
P.S. Send me a long videomail before you leave, we don't know if you'll have a camera or not where you go next. ((and I actually got to see the one that didn't work too!))