Thursday, March 12, 2009

Dear Rotary

I'm taking this entry off at Sara's advice, because she made a lot of good points. I'm just being pissed and incoherent, I'm sorry for inflicting it on everyone.

Specifically, I am frustrated with D4550. D5110 is a great district, I really love all the Rotarians there. It's just who's in charge here that's grinding my gears. I'm not really expecting anything to change based on this message, and I'm sorry to the exchange students that wanted to come to Bahia but didn't go because of my complaints.

Honestly, this is a great year so far. I have met some amazing new people, I'm just thinking I shouldn't have to work AROUND the Rotary system to make this year what I want it to be...

So I'm sorry if I offended anyone, but this really has no continuing effects. I'm not planning on writing an official complaint or anything, I'm just going to go home and be glad to be rid of people who are in charge of youth and do not know how to deal with them.

More pictures soon!
:)
bjs
--m

3 comments:

Rob and Sara said...

Wow!
Whoa!
Woooooo....

Ouch!

Sorry we've pissed you off. Your point is well taken, and maybe we can learn from it. I hope so!

But, honestly, Madisyn — I'VE always known YOU were a unique individual! And that's something I've always appreciated about you! In fact, I think you're utterly awesome.

Thanks for sharing.

Sara

Zoe said...

poweeer to the people
couldn't have put it better myself

Anonymous said...

I think that you should put your ideas together with the other Rotary students in your district who feel the way you do. Write specifically about your host Rotary district and what the problems are as you see them. In this blog entry, you complain that Rotary generalizes about you, but then you do the same about Rotary. Not all districts are the same and it would help if you (and kids like Macall and Sofie) would be very constructive and specific. It will not change anything for you this year, but it may stop Rotary clubs from sending future victims and may help you to vent more productively. Just some ideas . . .