Wednesday, August 20, 2008

rápida

quick post:


I am drinking 'maracuja' juice right now...intersante.

here are a few pictures of my host sister and my class. I didn't take these, they are from Lara's avô's (grandmother's) computer.
Lara Santos Rocha, my host sister!
Lara with her dog, Medo (very small but energetic, he loves me because I pet him a lot)
my class, mostly, except from last year. Lara is in the front. the front row is Zen on the far left, a girl I do not know, then Lara, then Lara's friend Larah. the large girl on the far right is Naara and the whiter girl next to her is Lari! there are more..but there are many so I won't name them all unless someone asks.
tchau!!
--m

3 comments:

Rob and Sara said...

Nice photos.
Too bad your host sister's leaving, but I'm sure you'll make a lot of other friends fast.
Did you get called to dinner in the middle of our chat? Or did you have to go kill a deer? :-)

LizP said...

I'm a little late getting to your blog, but it's in my RSS reader now. Glad you're sharing with us!

Ian said...

Yea, we eat like 6 or 7 times a day here. And my host mother doesn't like very much when I say I'm not hungry. And yea, most people were pretty surprised when I said I was rooting for Brasil too. At a party last night, one guy said "I can't believe you're American. You're too cool, you must be Brazilian inside". It made me feel all warm and fuzzy. Doesn't seem like people really skip school here. I'm only home today cus we're taking Bidou (my host sister, real name: Chamilla (the connection, I don't know)) to Belo Horizonte to fly out for Polonia.