Thursday, September 25, 2008

eu vou

I went to the circus... a birthday party, and I've been hanging out with the other exchange students. So far one has been sent home, and we gained Capri from Bermuda (hahaha fun times). I have still been tired a lot, I think it's the heat and the capoeira. I've been feeling sick too, probably the heat again... and Paulo told me spring started yesterday! Summer is going to kill me.

I've been making friends outside of school, which is good. I went to what was called a "bible study" but it was really just two Brazilian guys meeting at an American guys house to talk about life and stuff, it was fun but I got in a little trouble because there was a mix up about where I was so Paulo got really worried...it got worked out though!

Talked to Lara in Alemanha, I'm already having a hard time remembering the english names for the days of the week (like the fact that I have capoeira on terça and quinta...it takes me a few minutes to remember that that means Tuesday and Thursday...)

capoeira is going well, but last class I started to sweat something crazy and I couldn't see (my vision got all staticky) and I had to sit down for a while. I think I've been sick recently.

looks like I'm going on the Pantanal Bonito trip in October, with Capri, Macall, Sofie and possibly Greg (Bermuda, Canada, Denmark and Canada). hopefully that'll work out!

saturday looks like I'm headed to a music show with some girls from school, and sunday I'm either going to chill with Moni's family or the other exchange students, hopefully my host family remembers to wake me up in time to try church out. Looks like it could be fun!

I'm not at home right now, this is supposed to be geografia class but the teacher didn't come to school...so tchau!
-- m

3 comments:

Zoe said...

hey madisyn,
I just got over the flu. Maybe it's a one month in brazil illness thing.. I don't know. be careful!

Suzi Steffen said...

Get well soon! Adjusting the immune system, ALWAYS FUN. I'm so glad you're learning Portuguese so fast that your English is going away. [insert smiley face here]

Loved your photos too btw. Sorry too busy to comment last week! Talk to you soon on F'book...

Jyo Nah said...

Sounds all and all pretty neat.
...

...

and... yeah. I'm tired. Thats all you get for now.