Wednesday, September 10, 2008

one fell swoop

I am going to reply to comments all in one blog entry, 'cause I have time to kill right now. I am waiting at school for the afternoon class to get here.

to Rob and Sara: 'capoeira' is a Brazilian dance/martial art/game thing. it looks and is really cool. as for the language deal, I am beginning to agree. I tried to write a 'redaçao' today (a paper in Portuguese about the nature of science)...tough beans. as for interact, it's kind of cool getting to see the other intercambistas, but other than that it's just confusing... Sara you are very funny haha. as for the climbing deal, I'm still climbing, just secretly, 'cause for some reason it freaks Brazilians out. haha Ian is having a quite different exchange than I am.

Suzi: yea this year is going fast already. I feel like I sort of missed out on the culture shock deal..brazil is very familiar and doesn't strike me as hugely different. people are people, whether they scream in class or not. Interact is a Rotary organization (Rotary is the program I was sent to Brazil through). I am ALWAYS tired. I still learn things and laugh and act goofy, but I keep yawning. people think I'm weird cause of it.

Jonah: whoa you comment a LOT. I will try to be brief. That's cool about Ichi, she is yet another person I often wish I had gotten to know better. I would like to look at that sketchpad when I get back actually... I didn't spend a lot of time around EPL before I left so no, but feel free. also that CapoEira shirt is cool, I just can't wear it that often without feeling really dumb. also yea Salvador is like 3 million people, it's pretty big and very crowded. the favelas (slums) are literally houses stacked on top of each other,. it'd very different. I am not going to go back to being vegetarian until I get home. I have heard very little about Christian (my counterpart?) except that he is quiet, cute and likes soccer (that last one is very typical of South Americans, as you probably know).


Rad: school starts at 7, but my host dad wakes me up at 5 so I have the opportunity to take a shower and brush my teeth and whatever, then it's a 45 minute drive to school through crazy Brazilian traffic. no I'm in the city of Salvador, in Brazil obviously. :)

Lara: huhsushsuah eu te amo, lara. espero que alemanha é muito divertido... mas diferente que brasil, né? todo mundo são com saudades... <3 love!!! você é muito chata e doido também.....mas legal!!

Liz: I'm glad you're reading it! I hope Tom, Micha, Sarah and Christopher are doing splendidly. Jonah too but he's commenting up a storm so I suppose he's fine.

Ian: I have already responded to your comments.... but I was going to tell you that I haven't asked my host dad yet about summer travels...have you gotta an okay on it for sure?

Nybelle: hi! yea people keep making fun of me cause I have more than the normal amount of guyfriends I guess. I surely will not forget about you guys. it has already been a month, I'll be home before I know it....crazy.

also Sky hasn't commented, but hopefully she is reading it. so Sky, I MISS YOU. don't have any mental breakdowns while I'm not there to be cranky with you. :) <3 I also miss Margie and Roxanne and Mike....I love your family. MISS YOUUUU

I also miss Jade and Dad a lot...you too Mom and Evan. tchau!
-- m

5 comments:

Rob and Sara said...

Thanks!

Keep on responding... :-)

And be careful with the climbing. DON'T FALLLLLLLLLLLLL !!!!!! (... and don't get caught!) Mainly, don't jeopardize either yourself or your exchange.... Yikes!

Jyo Nah said...

XD You noticed? XP yeah, I kinda decided to make sure that I commented on every post. At first I just held the resolution as a passing fancy, but then when you started to say things to encourage people to comment, I strengthened my resolve.

Your blog is bookmarked, and actually, I'm just about to set up an RSS feed for it, so I'll know when there is a new post before I even go to the page.

CRAZY no?

I still have yet to send the link to Ichi... I keep meaning to but keep forgetting.

Sure.... you can totally look at the sketchpad... and then you have to show ME the other one. - all your little paper souvenirs from NY are in this one too, so you may be wanting that. People keep telling me how great it is though. They almost refuse to stop. XP

The shirt is cool. Just keep wearing it until it doesn't bother you anymore.

Oh, so you ARE going back to being vegetarian? Hmm... I kinda thought that after a year you probably wouldn't care anymore. Hmmeh.

Yeah. I only saw Christian the once. He's quiet, that's true. We didn't really 'hit it off' like I'd hoped... I thought it would be cool to make friends with the guy in your absence but... eh. Whatev.

Suzi Steffen said...

Yeah, I Googled Interact right after I asked that q. BTW I was hanging with Melissa Hart the other night and told her you were in Brasil for a year. She was super surprised. I should give her blog addy?

Eugene Celebration this weekend. You know you wish you could watch the parade! Because it's so almost like Carnival, as you'll get to experience. Um ...

How is Lara enjoying Germany? Where is she in Deutchland?

Not much going on here except gearing up for the fall arts and music issue ... lots of work and lots of fun ... and getting ready to teach some classes, neither of which is as exciting as King Arthur. Ah well. Talk to ya soon (online, no?), S.

Anonymous said...

OK ... promise no lurking! Christian is very nice ... from the little contact we had a weekend or so ago ... but very 'guy' ... I think you are missed ... but maybe I'm reading things wrong ;-)

LizP said...

Everyone here is good. Micah started at Churchill. Christopher is 3 and well, he's 3. Sarah is rolling over, saying dadadadada, and getting 2 teeth. And yes, Jonah is fine :-)

Christian seemed like a nice young man. He went to church with us a couple of weeks ago.

I've got you on my RSS feeder so I check in when you've got a new post.