Wednesday, September 17, 2008

tô perdido. sempre perdido.


painstaking and thus terrible half-panorama from the top floor of my house
bandeira (flag) de Salvador, Brazil e Bahia (in order left to right)

the furthest left is probably the hotel flag walkways. they are all over. very useful for crossings busy high ways.
the coast!!
the city at sundown



view from projection room at Vieira
pretty dynamic shot...just fun fact, in Salvador, ALL OF THE SIDEWALKS ARE THESE CRAZY INTRICATE MOSAICS. that squid thing? that's a mosaic. made out of piece of stone about egg sized. this is the WHOLE CITY. it's crazy cool.
whoo Obama
next to Farol da Barra




near the beach in Salvador
view from top floor
fusca!
these things are everywhere, some are shaped like berimbau or coconuts. it's crazy.


there you go, city-view-seekers
that's what I got so that's actually good
-- m

4 comments:

Jyo Nah said...

Right so...

Panorama:
HA! XP sorry that was no fun.
I'm going to give it a shot now.
I think I'll do a room in my house.

Obama:
Is this a Portuguese word I don't know, or are you referring to a presidential candidate I find no reference to in this picture?

Last One:
Oi...
What the hell are these things? Phone booths?

Rob and Sara said...

I have the same questions as "jyo nah" has.

Love the photos, especially the coast and the sidewalks. Looks like you've landed in some kinda paradise! Wow!

Sara

Madisyn said...

obama is not a portuguese word, the flag on the right of the picture is a brazilian obama commercial. and yes, those are phone booths.

fototaker Tony said...

cool fotos!! good to see you're getting out and enjoying the great culture and lifestyle! keep snapping and posting!! thanks for sharing!!!!